Thursday, April 22, 2010

post 3

Week 3 - Clark vs. Kozma
A new media is the term that use to discussion of the new technologies active program and it is include the appearance of digital, programmed, or networked information and communication technologies.(Wikipedia define) I am agree with Kozmas about his point of view about his view of media .These media are eminent by relevant characteristics of their technologies, systems, and processing capability. The new technology go with Kozmas argument how the media effect learning In positive way that all depend upon the instructional methods employed by the design(Hasting N& Tracey M).Moreover ,how does the computer motivate the student to learn more about the content that things will increasing the amount of time to learn using this tools(Kozma,1991,1994).the goal of distance education programs is to make education more student centered through the prepackaging of instructional materials that students may use when convenient(Simonson, Smaldino, Albright, and Zvacek ,2009)(p.80)learning with media make learning more easy to study by using deferent type of tools example Email, , Podcast, Wiki, Facebook , Youtube, Teachertube and web site, Skype and blackboard, etc .the different kind of media will affect the education system in positive way and motivate student to study and think in creative way . this media will help the education environment to have more online class like video conferences that does not require face to face meeting.

My previous experiences with these new media is many . it is began when I begin to study in ETEC program .its start when I took my first class which is ETEC 500 in this program ,I learned how to create a web site. In my first class I faced some problems because I don’t know how to create web site . It was my first time that ideal with new technology, but now it become more easy because I know how to use and create web site. My second great experience is ETEC 676 class . I learned how to create a blog which is so interesting because it is my first time that I deal with blog. I start to comment on other people work at that class. I was so happy because I learned how to post my assignment in and I learned how correct my work and do all my things in good way

4 comments:

  1. hi Amal

    I agree with you that the media help the education environment to have more online class in the future.

    thanx

    EMAN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your insights about Kozma. I too agree with Kozma that learning with media is not merely a vehicle for instruction. It has further attributes that foster learning. When Clark stated his position back in the 80's, he didn't predict such a rapid advancement of technology and its use for learning. I like how you stated "the different kind of media will affect the education system in positive way and motivate student to study and think in creative way." Motivation and learner-centered were key components for learning with media, not to mention ubiquitous learning. It's time for learners to break away form traditional learning methods and not only use media as a delivery system. As successful businesses and educational strategies include media for their achievements, learners must also embrace its unique attributes to assist learning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you eman and heidi for charing your idea with me and i really like your comment


    amal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amal, the new media is very exciting, but in the interest of the debate, I would suggest that trying to master a new medium while also trying to learn new content may be a barrier to learners, especially those who are also undergoing language acquisition. The ETEC courses are designed to develop our ability to use instructional technology. Do you think your experience learning to develop Web pages and blogs would have been as positive if they were part of a math class?

    ReplyDelete